Pages

Saturday 11 September 2010

Exciting News


We got some exciting news this week. After filing in an online application form for the Radio 4 Food & Farming Awards, it seems as though we have been selected to go through to the judging round!

I couldn't quite believe it when the nice lady on the phone said she was calling from BBC Radio 4, it was like the the world slowed down for a brief second. Silly I know but it was quite exciting.

They only wanted small samples so I'm conducting an experiment with some beer bottles. We don't actually bottle our beer so this was a minor challenge and I'm hoping this is going to work.

I have basically filled some sanitised bottles with bright beer straight from the cask, leaving very little headspace and crown capped them. Not exactly rocket science I know, but I've not actually bottled bright beer before so I don't know how long it will stay good and I need it to be as good as the moment it was bottled. Hopefully, this will be at least 24hrs and tonight I'll test them. Will they still have some life? Will they be oxidised? Probably not?

Anyway, it looks like I'm going to be taking some beer up to London next week and I'm really looking forward to it because I will hopefully get to see some old work mates and catch up with a bit of gossip.

1 comment:

Phil Robins said...

That's how I bottle my beers. So long at there's enough sugar left to create a bit of CO2 you'll be fine.

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe